The best way of securing the network is by enabling the access control feature on the extender. This feature is available in almost all extender models. The steps to enable the access control feature on your extender are discussed here as under:
- From your computer or any other device connected to the extender.
- Open the web browser and enter mywifiext.net login in the address bar.
- Enter the email address and the password in the opened window and press ‘Login’.
- Go to ‘Settings’ and click on ‘Connected devices’.
- Go to ‘Enable Access control’ and select the devices on which you don’t want to provide access to the network.
- Click on ‘Save’.
- The access control feature is now enabled on Ex6000.
- Try to open any website or webpage from the devices which are barred under ‘Network access control’.
- If you are still able to access the network, then it means the device is not properly selected or the feature has not been turned on.
This is how ‘Access control’ can be enabled on Ex6100 and other extender models. You will be able to secure your network easily once you enable 'Access Control', so make sure you do so on priority basis. If you are facing any trouble enabling this, you can contact the experts available 24×7.