Many clinics offer tummy tuck, and each one will have a different procedure. No matter which clinic you choose, some guidelines must be followed.
The extent of the procedure will determine the time required. A full tummy tuck can take anywhere from one to five hours. A mini tummy tuck is a partial operation that can be done in one to two hours. You will also need to know who is performing the procedure, and what equipment is available in the theatre. To get more details about the tummy tuck procedure you may check it here.
Image Source: Google
If you choose to have a full tummy tuck, the procedure will typically follow this:
1. A cut is made along the hips of a person and is just above their pubic area.
2. The second cut allows for the removal of any skin around the navel. The abdominal skin is taken off to allow access to the muscles. Sutures are used to tighten the muscles.
3. All excess fat or skin and extra fat are removed
4. Liposuction can be offered depending on the surgeon to tone and reshape the abdomen.
5. Any excess fluid is removed
The process of smaller procedures is easier. Some of the steps are quicker and require less skin and fat removal. It doesn't matter what procedure you choose, each patient must receive the same level of care.